I used to have a Snapchat account and now I don’t. Why? Well, the reason is simpler than it looks like and no, it isn’t because I’m a hipster who only liked the good old days.
To be honest, I didn’t know about Snapchat until Titi told me about it. She’s always encouraging me to try new things like new places, books, apps and clothes. So, I opened one to talk with her. And I had to open it with a third-party app called 6nap, because I use a Nokia Lumia.
Anyways, I opened Snapchat and the Queith username was already taken. If you tried to add me using that username on Snapchat: it’s not me! So, I took KathMontero and tried to use Snapchat for a month.
I was no expert at it, and it was rather private since I only had like 3 friends there, but I had an account. Suddenly, I got the notice that Rudy, the developer who made 6nap, was taking down the app because Snapchat wasn’t allowing third-party apps.
So, Snapchat didn’t develop an app for Lumia users. And took down the only third-party app Microsoft had. What’s worst: they deleted every account who used 6nap to log in.
Long story short: I still have my Lumia, I’m still waiting for an official Snapchat app for Microsoft, I don’t have Snapchat.
But I have a lot of other ways to get in touch with you:
- Blog. This blog you’re reading right now is the most important way to communicate I have since I spend most of the time writing, taking photos and uploading them to share my thoughts, my everyday life, how am I building to serve in every field I can and everything eventually ends up published here! You can subscribe on the +Follow button on the bottom-right to get a weekly email with my posts and never miss one!
- Instagram. The only app I use in a daily basis! I share one picture per day over there and I’m having the most of fun. ❤
- Twitter. Eventhough I don’t tweet like I used to a few years ago, I still read my Twitter and reply every two or three days, so you can just leave me a reply there and I’ll chat with you!
- Youtube. I like to upload little chunks of my life. Like unedited chunks of my life. 100% real life on my Youtube.
- Whatsapp. I give my personal Whatsapp to the people who buy my books so I can answer their questions quickly. If you want my personal Whatsapp, you just need to buy one of my books.
It’s not the first time I have to say no, voluntarily or not, to a social network. I promise you, I’ll survive. ❤