There is a lot of space for personal improvement still is ridiculous. I’m not the best human on Earth and the way I reacted was not the best.
Yesterday, I faced an obstacle and I was furious. I was ready to scream to the subjects who did this to me, I even think I was ready to say a lot of bad words.
See, I had been working on this Physics report all day and had the intent to end it up in a good presentation at the end of the night or early morning. Because if you know what you’re doing, setting up a report takes one hour max. Anyways, my idea was to finish it at 10pm or 3am.
But at 9:40pm my living room started filling itself with water. There was a leak in my ceiling and the only think that came to my mind is that my upstair neighbors were washing their floor and ruining mine. I was FURIOUS.
First, I started moving everything I could because a lot of our stuff has wood on it. Then, I put on some pants and went upstairs and hit their door. I don’t know what I would have yelled to them but thank God they did not open.
It seems like they left their water running and left the house and they had a flooded floor, too. They were very irresponsible for doing such thing but definitely, they didn’t deserve the yelling I was about to give them for thinking they were just mean for washing their floor at night. Thank God they were not home.
At the end, we stayed until very late trying to dry out everything here. We placed our furniture on top of each other to try to save them. And we took our mops and buckets and started to soak and twist the mops.
It was a long night but 6 buckets later, our house was starting to show some dry spots. Our neighbors came home until 1:30am and the water stopped leaking until very late, like 4am.
I couldn’t work on the Physics report like I was about to, but I did in the morning. I couldn’t even go to my Material Resistance’s class but I could give my Physics report without any issue.
I learned a lot of things about myself with this:
- I’m still impulsive af.
- After proof, I get to cool tf down.
- I knew I was strong enough to move my furniture but I didn’t know I was fast to move them. In emergencies, I am.
- I’m very protective of my family and their heritage, no matter how little or big.
- I try to work smart because I’m a sleepy lady and love my naps but, boy, I can work hard, too!
- There was a moment when I was so puzzled that I had to breath and realize what was going on. After 30 seconds or so, I came back and thought I needed to keep moving.
- I love to be in charge but, in emergencies, I can recognize smart authorities, shut my mouth and do what they say without babbling.
- Leaks are something I will put some extra attention on because, at the end, construction and earthquake resistance are my passions and I will be VERY good at them.