2019 was a rough year but we made it through, we survived, and if you want to see what happened on this side of the computer, here is my recap: https://youtu.be/o0BrkQK3Ey8
I finally ended up filling my numbers for 2019 on The Social Media Chooser I shared with you months ago. This helped me a lot to understand what my audience like and go where their attention is.
First of all, we grew A LOT without even trying. My goal is to share everything I can and learn and experience that might help you or entertain you on wherever platform and medium you like. Since I was paying attention only to the platforms you actually love, we grew +380 members this year, WOOHOO! (On 2018 we grew +70).
This indicates, at least for me, I’m taking the right decisions month by month thanks to the Social Media Chooser I created a couple of years ago.
This spreadsheet is supposed to help me to choose the 5 main platforms I’d pay attention to the next year. BUT it helped me so much through the year that we actually grew on all of the platforms I’m a part of (except for only 3 profiles). The thing is that I like to focus on 5 main platforms so I can go deep on their stats.
Meaning: the spreadsheet is only the first step for me. It helps me to choose where to put the attention. But the stats from those selected platforms, help me understand what to do next.
- My podcast will be bilingual this year. The majority of my audience is on France (and I’ll start saying hi to them in French!) but the most listened episodes are 60% in Spanish.
- My TikTok will keep getting content about what I like and enjoy, no filter, since I don’t actually get it fully, yet, don’t have access to the analytics and my most played video (+18.7k) is about me cracking an egg. Yep, so much to understand on this social network, so by now, the only conclusion is to share more.
- My YouTube channel will change to a Unboxing + Vlogging channel. I love experimenting and sharing the chapters of my life and what I’ve learn and how I do certain stuff. But you seem to love my unboxings. So, those are the two main topics you will find there. Of course, the unboxing videos won’t be just unboxing videos, since I already know what’s inside. I select the stuff, I buy them with my own money, I know I will like it, so it’s not super memorable to look at my face not surprised at all since I know what it comes inside. But what excites me about the unboxing video is actually the usability of what I buy, if it meets expectations, how it worked, how long did it work and all of those experimentation details. I’m very excited about this shift!
- My Blog will slow down its production. At least for me, the game is about better articles. For a moment, I thought I had to release something every day on my blog but I’ve learned the last few months that it’s better for me to actually write a full chapter of something and release it than to publish anything. I’m taking my time this year to deliver something I’m decently proud about, won’t publish photos just for getting something out there.
- My Instagram seems to love my yoga photos, so I’ll start joining yoga challenges once per month maximum. I don’t see myself turning my account in a yogi account only, anytime soon, but I’d love to be more active in the instayogi community.
And that’s how basically how I manage to understand what my audience is trying to say. First I recognize where the attention or the growth is. Then, I’ll study deeply the stats those places with attention and growth to find better conclusions. And finally, I create content accordingly.
“How I manage to understand what my audience is trying to say? First I recognize where the attention or the growth is. Then, I’ll study deeply the stats those places with attention and growth to find better conclusions. And finally, I create content accordingly”.Tweet
I’m really excited for what’s to come and I hope you are, too!
But what I really want you the most is to grow with your own audience. I hope this is another way to look at your stats and get better results by the end of this year! There is still time to make changes to your strategy.
You got this!
You can’t miss these articles: