This is my favorite yoga for abs exercise!
I won’t say it’s quite for beginners but I can promise you that when you achieve the most basic form of this particular yoga exercise for abs, YOU WILL LOVE IT!
This ab exercise is SO perfect because you’re worried for your balance instead of your core, but for achieving *that* balance YOU NEED YOUR CORE, so you’re working out the abs while paying attention to something else!
But you’re working out MORE than your abs, you’re getting your shoulders stronger, your lateral abs, the strength of your legs and your overall balance.
I promise you will be sweating with 10 reps on every side.
Since there is a yoga asana with intent movement, there is a lot of modifications you could do.
1) If your wrist hurts, place your elbow on the ground.
2) If your balance is quite spectacular, instead of rotating like I do, lift your knee higher to achieve the crunch.
3) If your core is stronger than mine, maintain your hips a little bit lower than mine.
4) If your hips don’t pop all the time, try to go for the straight line from your shoulder to your feet.
5) If you don’t feel like rotating today, just touch your leg straight with your arm straight, like a revolved extended hand to big toe pose.
I tried this version because I had to start somewhere! I know my form is far from perfect but it’s done, and this is the first time that I can honestly say I enjoyed doing an ab exercise! 🙂
My mom recorded this video/boomerang, isn’t she amazing?💙
Listen to my podcast:
Say hello over here!
Watch my recent videos!
Join +4000 people and get my next article!
These are my last articles: