Being two adults, living 4 countries away and having lived apart for 24 years has really messed up our relationship. But since we’re still alive, we want to work on that. My brother started using this app and immediately recommended it to me. We have ourselves on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp… but, somehow, our conversations over there seemed very professional and distant. That’s not how you communicate with family. With family you share black and whites, good looking and just getting up, happy moments and not so happy ones, but also you do it quick.
Facebook told me to edit my life and share only the greatness.
Instagram told me to work on my photography skills to only share like worthy pictures.
WhatsApp told me to only write what’s important.
What happens to everything in between that makes life so dramatically intense or boring or tedious or frustrating? Is there a digital place where you can share something without pretending to have it altogether? Well, I think we found it. Marco Polo is an app that shares little chunks of your life with the people you care. My brother and I are using it to share those little chunks and understand the other’s life. At the beginning I was trying to find the best light and angle, because that’s what I’m used to. But then I remembered: this is my brother, he will love me with my double chin and my greasy face!
So, I started sending him Polos waking up, after shower, before my eye surgery, after my eye surgery looking like a mummy, with a messy bun, with my messy waves, after yoga, after class, after swimming, etc. This app gave me the liberty to show my brother my unfiltered life so he can know me better. We talk about what’s important and what’s not, we talk about what matters to each one of us and what doesn’t, we talk about what we’re doing and what we’re about to, just as he was right by my side.
One of the things that I entirely loved when he came home was one night. I needed to study for my Applied Geology lab and he needed to do some things on his phone. So, we were together in the living room but we were respecting the other’s activity. We wanted to be together but we wanted to respect’s the others time. And with Marco Polo I feel the same. He can talk to me and I can catch him live or I can wait until I have a little break to watch his message. And as our updates are quick, I know we’re respecting each other’s time.
Marco Polo is like a video walkie talkie. You press a button, record yourself and your message, and press a button to finish. And that’s it. It’s not complicated.
I started using it, besides of my brother’s recommendation, because it was an editor’s election (it’s a reviewed app by Google) and has a lot of downloads in the Google Play. But I have to recognize I have never ever heard about it before my brother brought it up. Not even in the most popular tech zines in Latin America. The only thing I was scared of was the storage space. Not like super scared, though, because Titi gave me a phone with 16GB space. But since these were videos, I started to feel like I was going to use all of the storage really soon. But after one day of using it, Marco Polo just shows a little gif in your phone and the real video is in their servers, not your phone, so nothing to worry about storage.
We have like 2 weeks or so of using Marco Polo and I feel like these 2 weeks have been the turning point of our brother-sister relationship, like, for real. We had a little talk when he came home back in May but that approach was just the beginning, we needed to nurture it and with Marco Polo we are definitely doing it.
The process of using it is really simple, just press “Start” and record yourself. When you’re done, press “Finish”. And that’s it.
The process of creating an account is not that complicated, either. You just have to be careful at the moment of “sharing your contacts” because it will try to spam your list. To avoid this just do not share your contacts and that’s it. What am I trying to say here is: read what appears on your screen and only share your camera and microphone. You will respect your contacts this way.
Oh, and also you can create groups. So if you have more brothers and sisters, or your best friends, or your friends from childhood, or I don’t know, you can send them little chunks of your life, too. I’m about to create the family group so we can all feel closer than ever.
I hope you find this app useful and it helps you like it did with us.
PIIT28 1.0 isn’t a product / ebook / program / I made, create or wrote but it is an experiment I ran in myself, that’s why I consider it a personal project and I would like to share the results with you.
This is what the first round of PIIT28 1.0 did for me.
I finally ended the first round of PIIT28 1.0 and all the things it promised were true. I even got one or two extras. First, I’ll share my PIIT28 results and then the harsh truth, ok?
This is the picture I shared on my Instagram account when I finished the 28 days of PIIT28 1.0 (first round).
View this post on Instagram
I feel so happy I joined #PIIT28 ! Even though Piit28 is one of the hardest things I have ever done, I'm glad I survived the first round! Generally, I don't feel tired everyday, like I used to, I don't feel sleepy all the time and I'm more energetic to do stuff here and there. Tomorrow starts a new semester and can't wait to use all this energy to learn more about my career! To talk about numbers, I have lost 10kg/22lb and, according to my records, the lost should notice more in my chest area where I lost 7cm. I'm very impressed of how the most basic movements accomplished this! I had to modify a lot of the moves because of my injuries but still managed to sweat a lot in every session! And also, I'm aware #28DayReset helped a lot in this process! Thank you @blogilates for creating the tools to find my better self and thank you to all the Piit princesses for your support! God be with you! ❤ #piit28 #piitprincess #piitday28 #beforeandafterpiit
I’m sharing it just so you know that I’ve been at my worst and now, I’m slowly improving to my best. I only got it with work and PIIT28 has helped me a lot with it.
PIIT stands for Pilates Intense Interval Training. PIIT28 is an exercise program that lasts 28 minutes per session and 28 days per round. It has 7 exercises per day and you get to work 45 seconds and rest 15 seconds until you completed the 28 minutes. Half of the exercises are pilates or musculation and the other half is cardio to make your heart pump faster.
All the tools are included in the package: ebook, videos, gifs, forum, calendar for the round, piitstagram challenge, how to warm up, how to cool down, etc.
I started practicing PIIT28 1.0 because I was already motivated to do it. See the picture I just posted above? I’ve saw hundreds of them in my Instagram feed. And I was interested on doing it, already. I wanted to have their results, too. I thought if that program really helped a lot of girls with different body types, maybe it could do something for me, too!
One of the things I have to be super honest about is how long it took me to finish the first round. Yes, I said the first round lasts 28 days but I stopped a lot. I stopped because of my injuries, because of my university, because of my finals, because I was tired, etc. I trained one or two days in a row and rested three. And then, I would trained for days 3 and 4 and that’s how I did it.
Maybe if I were more disciplined about it, I’d get better results but what I really want to point out here it’s how PIIT28 works even though when you’re resting in between days.
I worked out in my living room, PIIT28 doesn’t need any extra equipment than a mat and pair of tennis. Sometimes I just played a little music to spice things up.
So, I already shared how I rested a lot in between days and also, told how PIIT28 works, but how did I work out every day?
The first week was ok. I did my best and try to make all the moves but, because of the weight I was (89kg), my right posterior calf got injured, according to all the Google Images I saw, it was the Achilles tendon. So, if I kept jumping all around, it could break and I wouldn’t be able to walk.
That’s why I tested all the positions my tendon felt alright and noticed that, if I kept my foot and leg in a 90º, my tendon didn’t hurt. I started using all the variation exercises PIIT28 offers and whenever it asked me to jumped, I walked.
It’d seem like a shame but I was protecting myself and, at the same time, I was exercising. So, no shame, I’m just slowly getting into it. And I was terribly happy to notice that I sweated the same amount as before, even though I was “just walking” instead of jumping.
What I want you to take from all my injury story is that even though you don’t make the hardest or fastest moves, you’d still get results.
On the third week, I started putting some music I like to warm up dancing. On the fourth week, I was so happy that came back to the normal warm up sequence.
Those are the 3 customizations I made to the PIIT28 1.0 on the first round:
- I didn’t work out every day, most like every other day.
- I didn’t jump, I walked.
- I warmed up by dancing on the third week.
Of all the things PIIT28 1.0 promises, which ones where true?
Here’s what PIIT28 will do for you:
- Cut your workout time in half. TRUE, I used to travel 1h to the gym and 1h to go back to the university + the time my training lasted, which was 1.5h ~ 2h. That’s a lot of time. With PIIT28, I worked out for 1h maximum.
- Melt all-over body fat fast. TRUE, I’ve lost a lot of centimeters all over my body.
- Increase your resting metabolism. TRUE, the interval exercises are meant to create an oxygen deficit that’ll made you burn calories while you’re resting. I can definitely say this is true because I rested a lot and still got results beyond what I imagined.
- Build lean muscle with no equipment. TRUE, I lost a lot of inches and I can say they were of body fat because I feel stronger, I can do a lot of more moves than before and feel a little bit faster than before. Also, the part of no equipment is true if you do not consider a mat and a pair of Nikes equipment.
- Sculpt the strongest Pilates abs ever. TRUE, I have no visible abs yet but I can definitely say that what I can see now is my “strongest abs ever” version.
- Improve your posture so that you’ll look taller. TRUE, my chest is lighter and my core stronger, that’s why I can lift my rib cage and have a better posture. I need to work on the moments I’m writing because I tend to curve my back but it has definitely improve.
- Increase your confidence and happiness levels. TRUE, it’s not just about the clothes, it’s about the movements, it’s about transportating your whole self every day and not feeling tired or ashamed.
- Find new friends and make real relationships with like-minded people. TRUE, with the PIITstagram challenge you will find a lot of people who are happy of your existence and your accomplishments. And you’ll notice that you are happy of their existence and their accomplishments, too. Not only that, but in your real life, it’ll be easier to talk to other people. For me, as an introvert, it’s very difficult to start a conversation; but with all these changes going on, people reach me all the time and start with the sentence: Wow, you’ve lost a lot of weight, right!?
Yes, all the promises of PIIT28 1.0 were true, but I also got a few extras.
- I’m saving a lot of money in clothes. As I was getting bigger, my wardrobe was getting smaller and I needed to buy clothes. Now, I’m starting to fit in all of my clothes again, and that makes me happy for economic reasons.
- My size is uniform, now, at least in Popflex. I’m size 12 in tops and shorts. I had different sizes before PIIT28, I’m uniform now and that’s easy to retain in my mind.
- I started to control my breathe a little bit more so I might not die from a respiratory failure after all. ❤
PIIT28 1.0 is $39USD and you can get it here. Only if you’re interested in Pilates, cardio, dancing moves, musculation and some yoga.
To understand what you’re really paying, I like to do the math of the final price between the number of sessions in the package. You’re paying $39USD for a package with 2 rounds (56 days). If you were going to a gym and pay per class, you’d be paying $0.70USD per session which doesn’t seem expensive to me.
The best thing is you get access forever to the PIIT28 1.0, so, let’s say if you want to try PIIT28 1.0 again next year, it’ll be there in your library at no extra cost. It’ll mean your price per session would drop to $0.35USD.
Now, the harsh truth I promised. PIIT28 1.0 IS HARD, INTENSE, TIRING, EXHAUSTING. It’s not for everybody. It’s only for the people who are mentally prepared to push hard. And look that I’m saying mentally prepared and not physically, because really, your mind controls your body.
The first time Cassey helped me to break a mental barrier was when I was doing the push up cobras and my triceps didn’t feel like pushing anymore. Cassey was like “keep doing it, I know it hurts, come on, you’re gonna get there” and started crying because my mind started fighting, my arms didn’t feel like going but I needed to get going, specially because I could control my breathe in this exercise, so I could get going. I ended up that serie crying, my triceps tight and my forehead sweating. I couldn’t get up for 5 minutes. But the moment I started thinking: “I did it, I push and I did it”, I noticed how my triceps didn’t hurt that much anymore.
I realize muscles hurt but pain doesn’t last that much, what really lasts is satisfaction and results. The very next day, I went to the pool and swam my first 50 meters without stopping and I did it 5 more times!
Prepare yourself mentally to join PIIT28 1.0, once the journey starts, there’s no going back. I promise. ❤
Right now I’m on day 39 (second round!) of PIIT28 1.0. I’ll post a review when I’m done with the second round. 🙂
PIIT28 1.0 is a fitness program I found last year with the help of Instagram. It’s actually pretty funny because I was trying to get over my knee injury so I started practicing sports with no knee impact (like swimming, yoga and pilates) and suddenly I started these yoga challenges and then I found out about Cassey (most known as Blogilates).
As I was getting stronger, I was able to perform most of the Beginners Calendar program and then, I made the jump to get PIIT28 1.0 because all of my InstaYogaFriends said they loved it and they were always uploading this before/after pictures and I wanted to see if PIIT28 worked for me, too!
I got a juicy discount in the last months of 2016 to get PIIT28 and here we are!
PIIT28 1.0 by Cassey Ho
PITT28 1.0 by Cassey Ho is a fitness program that lasts 28 days for round and 28 minutes per session. It has the fitness calendar, the Instagram challenge calendar, +70 GIFs to help you remember the movements, +15 videos to work along with you and 2 books! One with all the program and the other with the stretching program.
Here I’m talking about the first book.
I know most of the people just need the videos of the gifs (I work out with the gifs only and turn on my music, for example) but it’s important to read the theory of the program, the right movements of every exercise, the posture techniques and what you have to take care of when following PIIT28.
It’s important because PITT stands for Pilates Intense Interval Training, which means it is really hard and you should take care of all the details before diving in. For example, I gave a look at everything I could before my first session because of the knee injury and my joints. Been slowly moving forward since then.
This book was launched back in April 2016 and it can be read everywhere since it’s an ebook (the program, too! All the videos are in a dedicated server and it doesn’t matter where you are in the world or how good your Internet is, you can always choose the quality of the videos to fit your needs!).
You can read the book if you get the PIIT28 1.0 package here.
If you’re asking WHY would you need to read a book about a fitness program, I might get you. But you really need to read at least this one because it has all the general map of the program, the details of every session, the posture techniques and, my favorite, the modified exercises (when you’re starting, you need to modify some exercises because PITT is wild the first round!).
There’s no way to read the book only, you have to get the program but, good news, it’s only $39USD.
This book is meant for PIITsters, popsters and fitness lovers who want to challenge themselves. You don’t need to be a pro in the gym, you just have to have the courage to love your body enough to move around with it. ❤
If you want to know more about the program I’m following (currently on day 16!), read about PIIT28 1.0 here.
Favorite quotes from PIIT28 by Cassey Ho.
- If you want it this BAD ENOUGH, you will figure out a way to KEEP GOING.
- You don’t need the gym. All you need is your bodyweight, a yoga mat, a pair of sneakers, and the commitment to make a mental and physical change.
- It’s about moving with purpose and understanding that all your strength truly emanates from your core.
- (PIIT28) will improve posture and relieve back pain.
- Exercise that consumes more oxygen burns more calories!
- The more lean muschle you have, the more calories you will be burning overall.
- HIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) by anywhere between 400-700% during the first 24 hours after you finish your workout.
- HGH is known as the “anti-aging” hormone because the decline of HGH is what drives the aging process and is what makes you look and feel older.
- When standing place your feet about hip width apart and slightly bend your knees. Never lock them!
- In high plank, your palms should always be under your shoulders, fingers spread in their “power position” so that you can grip the mat confidently.
- There is no easy way or short cut when it comes to exercising effectively.
- Because muscle is heavier than fat, you may end up weighing more, but looking leaner.
- Give your muscles a break so that they can grow.
- I am going to guess that you feel stronger, more confident, and INVINCIBLE. THAT is what exercise does to you. It’s not just about the physical changes (though I bet you look like a sexy beast), it’s about how it makes you FEEL!
- YOU ARE AMAZING. Because you chose to fight through the pain, because you chose not to quit when you felt like you were going to die, because you chose to pick yourself up after feeling like a failure… you will now be rewarded with this self-created POWER that no one can take away from you.
- The only people who are eligible to receive this tank are those who have completed the PIIT28 Challenge in its entirety.
- If you love the prograss you’ve seen so far, feel free to do another round of PIIT28 1.0! But this time… go lower in your lunges and go faster in your burpees. Work for speed and performance.
- If you want more PIIT, and you want CRAZIER PIIT… just wait. I always have something prepared for you.
- For those of you who crave weight lifting, this will satisfy your needs.
- Confidence is like a muscle. The more you work it, the stronger it gets.
I’ll review the PIIT28 1.0 program when I finish it, I’m currently on day 16. BUT if you just can’t wait to dive in, read all about it here.
If you’re new and want to read my next update on my personal projects, subscribe to my newsletter here.
Get your own Popflex Active Wear here: http://rwrd.io/klo94dm
I’m wearing a size 10.
I have tried it at Pilates, Pop Pilates, Yoga (Hatha, Vinyasa, Power and Restorative), Track & Field (shotput), swimming, hiking and climbing (also at a normal day at University)! It’s comfy, it keeps the girls on place and works for medium-size boobs (the designer says it’s best for smaller boobs but it’s so flattering and functional for medium-size, too!).
If you want to get your own Pull on my Heart Strings Bra in Night from Popflex, just visit the store over here: http://rwrd.io/klo94dm
CORREOS EN ESPAÑOL: http://tinyletter.com/queith
ENGLISH EMAILS: http://gumroad.com/katherine/follow