PIIT28 1.0 isn’t a product / ebook / program / I made, create or wrote but it is an experiment I ran in myself, that’s why I consider it a personal project and I would like to share the results with you.
This is what the first round of PIIT28 1.0 did for me.
I finally ended the first round of PIIT28 1.0 and all the things it promised were true. I even got one or two extras. First, I’ll share my PIIT28 results and then the harsh truth, ok?
This is the picture I shared on my Instagram account when I finished the 28 days of PIIT28 1.0 (first round).
I’m sharing it just so you know that I’ve been at my worst and now, I’m slowly improving to my best. I only got it with work and PIIT28 has helped me a lot with it.
PIIT stands for Pilates Intense Interval Training. PIIT28 is an exercise program that lasts 28 minutes per session and 28 days per round. It has 7 exercises per day and you get to work 45 seconds and rest 15 seconds until you completed the 28 minutes. Half of the exercises are pilates or musculation and the other half is cardio to make your heart pump faster.
All the tools are included in the package: ebook, videos, gifs, forum, calendar for the round, piitstagram challenge, how to warm up, how to cool down, etc.
I started practicing PIIT28 1.0 because I was already motivated to do it. See the picture I just posted above? I’ve saw hundreds of them in my Instagram feed. And I was interested on doing it, already. I wanted to have their results, too. I thought if that program really helped a lot of girls with different body types, maybe it could do something for me, too!
One of the things I have to be super honest about is how long it took me to finish the first round. Yes, I said the first round lasts 28 days but I stopped a lot. I stopped because of my injuries, because of my university, because of my finals, because I was tired, etc. I trained one or two days in a row and rested three. And then, I would trained for days 3 and 4 and that’s how I did it.
Maybe if I were more disciplined about it, I’d get better results but what I really want to point out here it’s how PIIT28 works even though when you’re resting in between days.
I worked out in my living room, PIIT28 doesn’t need any extra equipment than a mat and pair of tennis. Sometimes I just played a little music to spice things up.
So, I already shared how I rested a lot in between days and also, told how PIIT28 works, but how did I work out every day?
The first week was ok. I did my best and try to make all the moves but, because of the weight I was (89kg), my right posterior calf got injured, according to all the Google Images I saw, it was the Achilles tendon. So, if I kept jumping all around, it could break and I wouldn’t be able to walk.
That’s why I tested all the positions my tendon felt alright and noticed that, if I kept my foot and leg in a 90º, my tendon didn’t hurt. I started using all the variation exercises PIIT28 offers and whenever it asked me to jumped, I walked.
It’d seem like a shame but I was protecting myself and, at the same time, I was exercising. So, no shame, I’m just slowly getting into it. And I was terribly happy to notice that I sweated the same amount as before, even though I was “just walking” instead of jumping.
What I want you to take from all my injury story is that even though you don’t make the hardest or fastest moves, you’d still get results.
On the third week, I started putting some music I like to warm up dancing. On the fourth week, I was so happy that came back to the normal warm up sequence.
Those are the 3 customizations I made to the PIIT28 1.0 on the first round:
- I didn’t work out every day, most like every other day.
- I didn’t jump, I walked.
- I warmed up by dancing on the third week.
Of all the things PIIT28 1.0 promises, which ones where true?
Here’s what PIIT28 will do for you:
- Cut your workout time in half. TRUE, I used to travel 1h to the gym and 1h to go back to the university + the time my training lasted, which was 1.5h ~ 2h. That’s a lot of time. With PIIT28, I worked out for 1h maximum.
- Melt all-over body fat fast. TRUE, I’ve lost a lot of centimeters all over my body.
- Increase your resting metabolism. TRUE, the interval exercises are meant to create an oxygen deficit that’ll made you burn calories while you’re resting. I can definitely say this is true because I rested a lot and still got results beyond what I imagined.
- Build lean muscle with no equipment. TRUE, I lost a lot of inches and I can say they were of body fat because I feel stronger, I can do a lot of more moves than before and feel a little bit faster than before. Also, the part of no equipment is true if you do not consider a mat and a pair of Nikes equipment.
- Sculpt the strongest Pilates abs ever. TRUE, I have no visible abs yet but I can definitely say that what I can see now is my “strongest abs ever” version.
- Improve your posture so that you’ll look taller. TRUE, my chest is lighter and my core stronger, that’s why I can lift my rib cage and have a better posture. I need to work on the moments I’m writing because I tend to curve my back but it has definitely improve.
- Increase your confidence and happiness levels. TRUE, it’s not just about the clothes, it’s about the movements, it’s about transportating your whole self every day and not feeling tired or ashamed.
- Find new friends and make real relationships with like-minded people. TRUE, with the PIITstagram challenge you will find a lot of people who are happy of your existence and your accomplishments. And you’ll notice that you are happy of their existence and their accomplishments, too. Not only that, but in your real life, it’ll be easier to talk to other people. For me, as an introvert, it’s very difficult to start a conversation; but with all these changes going on, people reach me all the time and start with the sentence: Wow, you’ve lost a lot of weight, right!?
Yes, all the promises of PIIT28 1.0 were true, but I also got a few extras.
- I’m saving a lot of money in clothes. As I was getting bigger, my wardrobe was getting smaller and I needed to buy clothes. Now, I’m starting to fit in all of my clothes again, and that makes me happy for economic reasons.
- My size is uniform, now, at least in Popflex. I’m size 12 in tops and shorts. I had different sizes before PIIT28, I’m uniform now and that’s easy to retain in my mind.
- I started to control my breathe a little bit more so I might not die from a respiratory failure after all. ❤
PIIT28 1.0 is $39USD and you can get it here. Only if you’re interested in Pilates, cardio, dancing moves, musculation and some yoga.
To understand what you’re really paying, I like to do the math of the final price between the number of sessions in the package. You’re paying $39USD for a package with 2 rounds (56 days). If you were going to a gym and pay per class, you’d be paying $0.70USD per session which doesn’t seem expensive to me.
The best thing is you get access forever to the PIIT28 1.0, so, let’s say if you want to try PIIT28 1.0 again next year, it’ll be there in your library at no extra cost. It’ll mean your price per session would drop to $0.35USD.
Now, the harsh truth I promised. PIIT28 1.0 IS HARD, INTENSE, TIRING, EXHAUSTING. It’s not for everybody. It’s only for the people who are mentally prepared to push hard. And look that I’m saying mentally prepared and not physically, because really, your mind controls your body.
The first time Cassey helped me to break a mental barrier was when I was doing the push up cobras and my triceps didn’t feel like pushing anymore. Cassey was like “keep doing it, I know it hurts, come on, you’re gonna get there” and started crying because my mind started fighting, my arms didn’t feel like going but I needed to get going, specially because I could control my breathe in this exercise, so I could get going. I ended up that serie crying, my triceps tight and my forehead sweating. I couldn’t get up for 5 minutes. But the moment I started thinking: “I did it, I push and I did it”, I noticed how my triceps didn’t hurt that much anymore.
I realize muscles hurt but pain doesn’t last that much, what really lasts is satisfaction and results. The very next day, I went to the pool and swam my first 50 meters without stopping and I did it 5 more times!
Prepare yourself mentally to join PIIT28 1.0, once the journey starts, there’s no going back. I promise. ❤
Right now I’m on day 39 (second round!) of PIIT28 1.0. I’ll post a review when I’m done with the second round. 🙂
Listen to my podcast:
Say hello over here!
Watch my recent videos!
Join +4000 people and get my next article!
These are my last articles:
- Milestones that made me happy this September 2021!
- Yoga is the only physical activity I always want to come back to.
- Milestones that made me happy this August 2021!
- I finally installed the Chivo Wallet and got the $30USD. What are my plans with crypto?
- What do you do when your blog traffic stops growing? A talk about cycles and diversification.